Read Hard

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My worst Fears Realized

Warning: the following blog post contains a shocking and disturbing account of events that occurred in my home last night. The following blog is no recommended for viewers who have DVR's.

I'm a busy gal--I've got a full time job, I write my books, I take care of many more pets than the law allows... but I always find a way to make time for television. In recent years a little invention known as the DVR came into my life and made things amazingly easier. I can watch two hour long shows in the time it took to watch one. I can pause live shows and go stare into the fridge and wonder why I still haven't thrown out that...that...what is that? I can schedule tons of shows that I'd never have a chance to watch and never have work ethic to remember when they were on. My scheduled shows is always maxed out, each week I have to make sure I clear off enough space for the next week's shows. In short--I use my DVR to its fullest. I can not imagine life without it. It has revolutionized my world. And it has failed me.

Last night while on technical support--I was asked to do the unthinkable--a total and complete reset. Everything I'd recorded gone--my lift of shows to be recorded gone. It was horrible. And sadly, I don't think it even worked. I'll know more tonight, but I think it will have to be replaced. sigh.

I did get to watch Melissa Rycroft's appearance on Dancing with the Stars--YAY!!! She looked and danced amazing--and she only had two days to practice--unbelievable. Eat your heart out Jason!!!


And I caught the end of a show I wasn't that interested in at first, but as soon as my DVR is working again, it will be going on the roster:

4 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Yikes.. That sucks. I feel your pain - when my DVR fails me I'm seriously depressed. :)

But, I'm glad you were able to catch DWTS.

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Yes, Melissa totally rocked. And Castle was very funny, it will now be on my weekly list of shows.

Emily Marshall said...

I'm obsessed with my DVR, anytime anyone mentions TV, I totally recommend it. The companies should be giving me a commission. I have no idea what I would do if I'd have to reset mine. Clearing the old one and reentering everything when we just switched cable companies a while ago was way too overwhelming. And we had time to prepare. Plus, we got double the shows we can record at a time, so it was well worth it.

Oh and...Castle was actually much better than I expected. It's already on my series record list :)

Anonymous said...

Brim over I assent to but I contemplate the collection should prepare more info then it has.