Read Hard

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fashion Police--Alive and Well

"Baggy Pants Bill" House Bill 1626, also known as the “Baggy Pants Bill” states: “It shall be unlawful for any person to appear in public wearing his pants below his waist and thereby exposing his skin or intimate clothing.”

Seriously?

I assume our fine lawmakers are okay with this, though:

I also came across this situation where a teacher is allowed a nose-stud but a a kid gets expelled for snake-bite piercing:


When I was in high school the girls wore boy's boxer shorts, I'm pretty sure that was as exposed as anyone ever got. Of course high-waisted jeans were popular (think Saved by the Bell) --I cringe, but yes it is true. I can't bring myself to even show you a picture of the girl's jeans, so I give you this:

See, guys? You can look hot without showing the junk in your trunk.
For more fun than anyone can stand: http://www.thefashionpolice.net/
Now there should be a law outlawing this! (and no, I don't know where you can buy one).

1 comment:

Shannon said...

My daughter attends a middle school in CO where the dress code is loosely policed. Boys with "baggy" pants if "caught" have to fix their pants. Someone brilliant came up with the idea of providing a pink belt if another isn't available to secure one's pants which, of course, has become somewhat of a joked-out status symbol now. If caught with baggy pants too often, detention is another punishment option.

The girls in a show of solidarity last week wore "baggy" pants. My daughter didn't, but we had a very interesting discussion about dress codes.