Read Hard

Friday, April 4, 2008

Thursday Morning Book Club (postponed to Friday)

It's been a busy week with a few really exciting snoppy dancing things that I'm totally gruntled about. In fact it was a tressing and turbing week (aside from air conditioner repairs). Am I making no sense? That's because I'm currently reading The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. In it you'll find all sorts of neglected positives like gruntled, tressing and turbing. And even though I enjoy a good disturbing read, I'm totally enjoying being tressed by this one!



Also on the reading list... I went to the book launch of my dear friend Jordan Dane's No One Heard Her Scream and naturally got sucked into the Best of Books Young Adult section. I picked up an autographed copy of Peak by Roland Smith (not sure how a book in Oklahoma got autographed by an author from Oregon--but YAY me!) and I also bought The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. Don't know why it has taken me this long to pick it up as it is touted to be "bitterly funny" among other great things.
Did anyone notice that two of the books have dogs on the cover?

1 comment:

Keri Mikulski said...

Crazy. Not the first time I noticed a book has similar covers.. How does that happen?