Read Hard

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Filming has begun...SQUEE!!!

Found this from Trainspotting's Teen Book Review site, she pieced together clips from the filming of Twilight and set them to Paralyzer by Finger Eleven --isn't she an awesome video maker? And just from these tiny clips, I can totally picture the scenes from the book. Very cool. Can't wait. Twilight is probably the only movie I've ever wanted to camp out in front of the theater to be the first to see--so anyone in my general neck of the woods who wants to do the same--let me know and we'll get a posse together (Just remember--I get to be Mrs. Edward Cullen)!





Speaking of books that have been made into movies--what is your take? I enjoy it. Right now I'm reading Fight Club. I saw the movie first, so it may not have quite the impact that it could have. But then again, it may not be nearly as confusing--and while I love the writing, I can see how it might be confusing. Plus I know what is what with you know who.

3 comments:

Heather Harper said...

I love watching movies that were originally books but I normally end up disappointed, even when the movies are enjoyable.

I'm probably the only person who complained about Jurassic Park and The Pelican Brief. Good movies, but better books.

I will want to see Twilight, but I'm nervous after having seen Blood and Chocolate...

Brooke Taylor said...

I haven't read Blood and Chocolate (in the TBR), but I have seen the movie.

I've heard others who weren't satisfied with the movie version. It does not look like Twilight will suffer the same fate. Thank goodness!!!

Keri Mikulski said...

I do too - love watching movies that were originally books. However, if I watch the movie first, then read the book I HATE that the movie takes away from the fun of picturing the characters.. It does it for you.

Funny, you mentioned Fight Club. I'm actually on the look out for it - research.. Let me know what you think of the book.