Read Hard

Monday, November 17, 2008

Casting

Friday I'm going to be at NCTE with fellow 2K8ers, and we'll be giving a workshop to anywhere from 0-120 English teachers. I'm a little bit nervous. Public speaking is not something I'm good at. I'm not even all that good at private speaking... But I'm am excited about my topic which is basically ways to look at books through modern eyes. And while getting prepared for my workshop, I decided it would be easier to have a blog all set up with examples of these new ways fans are connecting to books or authors are connecting with fans. One of the entries was doing a casting call--so in the spirit of that I give you some ideas for characters in Undone:
Kristen Stewart as Kori: dark, troubled, guarded, tough.

Ellen Page as Serena: cynical & sarcastic on the outside, vulnerable & innocent on the inside.

Thomas Dekker as "Becks": solid & soulful, sweet but not so innocent.

Taylor Kitcsh as Shay: Sexy, dangerous, bad boy with a conscience (Shay takes his shirt off in Undone, too--just sayin')


4 comments:

Alyson Noel said...

Good luck with the speaking gig-- I know you'll do great!

Kelsey said...

Love the casting, those actors are great!

Anonymous said...

I love the cast picks.
:] ('Specially Shay) *cough*

Celeste said...

Nice choices :)