Read Hard

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Morning Book Club

With summer almost over (seriously?) and my stint as "Blog Mom" at the 2k8 blog coming to a close, I'm ready to get back to the routine, starting with Thursday Morning Book Club... and not coincidentally a box from Amazon just arrived on my doorstep!

REAL WORLD by Natsuo Kirino:

"Psychologically intricate and astute, dark and unflinching, Real World is a searing, eye-opening portrait of teenage life in Japan unlike any we have seen before."

Those who know me, know I like me some dark and unflinching, throw in psychologically intricate and you have a Brooke Taylor Must Buy.


The Summer of Naked Swim Parties by Jessica Anya Blau:

"Sadly, not a photo essay, but rather a witty account of the agonies and ecstasies of a girl coming of age in late-seventies California." New York magazine

Naked Swim Parties, enough said.

No comments: