Following in the blog-shoes of Rachel, Gena, and Jill Here are the 10 ways to tell a book is written by me:
1. There is a crush worthy boy that either a) has spiky lashes, b) has pale blue eyes, c) goes commando, or d) all of the above plus drives a motorcycle.
2. Girl who wears Doc Martin boots.
3. A horse. Doesn't matter if it is grazing in a field, has to be there.
4. Single parent. I just can't juggle two parental units in a book, one is plenty.
5. Water--lake, river, ocean. Which is usually somehow involved with skinny-dipping.
6. A kiss described with way too much purple prose. Sorry, it is hard not to get carried away when a spiky lashed, commando-goin' guy's lips go in for the kill.
7. Some mention of music lyrics--can't help having a bit of a soundtrack to my story.
8. Inner dialog. There's just some things an MC shouldn't say out loud. But it doesn't mean she can't think them!
9. Em dashes--all of which are 100% necessary--are used in abundance.
10. A sarcastic play on words or a titles.